We aim to develop outstanding learning in every lesson for all of our students.
Our goal is to have every student prepared for the next step in their future by ensuring they are well equipped with the skills they will need to be productive and happy members of society and making them learners for life.
Our various approaches to learning and teaching allow our children to recognise their potential is unlimited and provides the support to achieve their goals.
We believe that our mission statement represents a partnership between the children, their parents, staff, governors and the community as a whole.
- For our children to develop an understanding of what is involved in living a healthy lifestyle.
- To educate our children about making healthy choices with their diet.
- To create an environment where exercise is taken as part of a healthy lifestyle through PSHCE, to help our children to understand how to keep a healthy mind.
- To provide a safe environment where children are valued as individuals, in the belief that children learn best when they feel happy and secure.
- To foster independence and confidence in themselves and their work and a pride in their school.
- To create an atmosphere of sharing and caring for others and for the environment.
- To prepare them to be safe in today’s world.
- For our children to develop as caring individuals and to learn the value of teamwork.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a emphasis on raising standards of numeracy and literacy and other curriculum areas. We recognise each child’s differing needs and ability and aim to meet them with appropriate support.
- To give our children a social confidence, high self esteem and a joy of learning.
- To offer a wide range of extra curricular activities to enhance the spirtitual, cultural, moral and social development of all pupils.
- To help each child to become a fluent reader and to read for pleasure.
- To encourage good writing skills such as handwriting, spelling and grammar to enable children to write for a variety of audiences.
- To provide children with scientific skills and knowledge to gain an understanding of the world around them.
- To foster the skills and understanding of technology needed in the modern world.
- To produce a quality curriculum appropriate to the needs of the individual children.
- To encourage children to become responsible individuals in today’s society.
- To involve family and the wider community in our village school.
- To maintain high standards of behaviour through a positive behaviour policy. Our code of conduct is based upon the need for the children to understand their rights and responsibilities and to exercise self discipline and respect.
- To help children to experience their culture and environment and understand their place within them.
- To provide equal opportunities for all.
- To equip children with basic numerical and mathematical skills.
- Role play opportunities and opportunities for children to work collaboratively.
- Adults modelling lifelong learning.
- Close liaison with outside agencies.
- Children becoming better learners through understanding their personal learning characteristics.