The wearing of school uniform is regarded as important by the governors and staff of Barwick and Stoford School. It should be worn with pride and gives the children a sense of identity and belonging in the school and as a recognisable part of the wider community.
The uniform is designed to be simple and affordable. School sweatshirts and sweat cardigans are available from the Schoolwear and more shop in Yeovil. A full list of uniform and prices stocked for the school is available online.
****** PLEASE MARK ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME ******
Tattoos and transfers are not allowed. Please note only one stud per ear is permitted, but No Other body piercing is allowed under any circumstances. No other jewellery is allowed in school. Ear studs must be removed for swimming and PE or taped for PE.
Rings or jewellery will be confiscated if pupils fail to adhere to this.
Unless as part of religious significance, braids in hair, unacceptable hair cuts or hair colour are discouraged. Nail varnish must not be worn in school.
Hair accessories such as slides, ribbon, bobbles, etc. Should be fairly simple and preferably in school colours. Long hair should be tied up. Extreme hairstyles, coloured/dyed hair is not allowed.
- Grey/Black trousers or shorts / Grey/Black skirts or pinafore dress.
- White shirt or polo shirt.
- Maroon school regulation sweatshirt, cardigans and fleeces (From school office).
- White or grey socks.
- Black shoes with low heels and no platforms.
- School Tie (Maroon and Gold).
- School Baseball cap (Maroon – from School).
- Red Gingham Summer Dress.
- Black sandals with a back strap may be worn during the summer.
- White Tee Shirt/Polo Shirt.
- Black Plain Shorts
- Swimming Costume/Trunks (baggy shorts and bikinis are not acceptable).
Optional P. E. Kit
- Sweatshirt/tracksuit bottoms.
- Shin Pads with football socks.
- Football Boots.